April 2, 2013

Taco Crack

Yes, you read that right. I said taco crack. Ask anyone who has eaten this dip, and they will tell you:

It's highly addicting.

Like crack.

Hence the name.

Taco Crack 

I'm not sure where this recipe originated from, but I've been making it since high school, so it's been around a while. No cracks (haha) about how old I am, ok?

This past weekend, I made the Crack for a get together at my pal Tiffany's house. Since it was taco night there (actually, there's a special name for the tacos they served, but I can't remember!), this dip was a great starter. Not only simple to make, but it travels fairly easy, and everyone loves it.

If you've got ten minutes, then you have time to make this dip. Let me show you how easy it is:

The ingredients

To start, you need 2 packages of cream cheese, 16 oz of sour cream, and 2 packages of taco seasoning. If you make your own seasoning, feel free to use that instead. Someday I'll be that cool, but I'm not quite there yet.

*Note: This recipe makes enough to fill a 9x13 pan. If you'd like a smaller version, cut the ingredients in half and use an 8x8 pan instead 

Using a hand-mixer, blend together the sour cream and cream cheese, ensuring there are no lumps. Once smooth, add the taco seasoning and mix well. It should look a little something like this:




The blending takes approximately three minutes.

Then, simply spread the mix into your 9x13 pan. At this point, you can cover and let the dip rest in your refrigerator until it's time to eat. This is what I usually do, but it's not necessary.

When you're ready to eat, sprinkle with shredded lettuce, then grated cheddar cheese, and top with diced tomatoes. This take another two minutes, maybe three if you're slow.



If you want to be extra special, you could also add some chopped cilantro.

And...

You're done! Grab some tortilla chips and dive into the Crack. But be warned: you may eat the whole pan yourself. So no fair crying to me if you put on a couple pounds, ok? I just provide the recipe.




As always, the standard recipe is below. Do you have any easy dips that you'd like to share? Email me if you're interested, I'd love to see you as a guest blogger for ArmyLife!





Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife







The Standard Form:


Taco Crack

Ingredients:

16 oz. sour cream
2 (8 oz each) packages of cream cheese
2 packages taco seasoning
1.5 cups (approximately) shredded lettuce 
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
10 oz cheddar cheese, grated
Chopped cilantro (optional)
Tortilla chips, for serving


Directions:

Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, and taco seasoning with a hand-mixer. Spread the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with the shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, and diced tomatoes. Top with chopped cilantro if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.  



2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Maybe if my daughter would like, I can make this for her baby shower in May! Seems a bit healthy and real easy to make and that's what I love about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is super easy to make! Let me know if you try it out :) I hardly ever have leftovers of this dip

      Delete