September 4, 2013

Nutella Wontons

I have something to admit. Lately, I've developed a near-fetish obsession with Nutella. If you've eaten Nutella and haven't experienced this phenomenon, then you should stop reading now.

For the rest of my fellow addicts, I have a quick recipe to share that will satisfy even the worst craving:



Nutella Wontons!

Oh yum.... yum yum yum yum yum.... mmmmmm..... gooooooooooooooooood.....

I love quick recipes that are simple and delicious. This is especially easy, as it contains only a few ingredients and no special equipment.

First, you need some of these:

Wonton wrappers

These babies are useful for all sorts of recipes. If you've never purchased them before, they can usually be found in the produce section (near where the bagged lettuces and such are). I always have a few of these left over after making ravioli, which is a great excuse to make Nutella Wontons.

You also need the yummy, chocolatey goodness that is Nutella:


Let's be honest. I could eat this straight from the jar and be happy. I only dress it up in wontons to appear more normal. It's also good in brownies, and truffles, and crepes, oh my!

Where was I? Oh yes. Delicious goodness.

Step one:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pull out a cookie sheet. Either line it with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. I prefer the spray because it helps crisp the wontons.

Step two: Line up your wonton wrappers and dab about a tablespoon of Nutella in each one, like so:



Step three: Lick your spoon clean and savor the moment. This is essential. 

Step four: Wet your finger and run around the edges of the wonton. Fold to seal. For this particular recipe, I also use a fork to create a pretty edge and really close in the filling. As the Nutella heats up, it will become runny and more likely to leak if the wonton isn't properly sealed. Place these on the prepared cookie sheet.


Step 5: Either brush the wontons with olive oil, melted butter, or an egg wash (1 egg whisked with 2 tablespoons of water). You can also use cooking spray.

Step 6: Bake just until the wontons brown, about 10 - 12 minutes, perhaps a little longer depending on your oven. If you want to be extra naughty, you could fry these instead. I'm doing my best to be a good girl, but I'm sure I'll slip up once in a while.

Step 7: Allow to cool for 5 minutes (This cooling time allows the Nutella to solidify a bit and not burn a hole in your tongue when you snarf these down). Dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve with ice cream if desired. I always desire ice cream.


And that's it! Simple, delicious, and sure to impress guests. The play of textures really makes this dish: crunchy on the outside, smooth filling on the inside.

Here's my super secret tip for you: Make extra! Don't come blaming me when you've eaten the whole sheet, ok? These go fast and in a hurry, especially if you've got a greedy husband (a.k.a. The Chocolate Fiend) like me.

Happy cooking, my friends! I'll be back soon with more recipes for my favorite peeps.




Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife







No comments:

Post a Comment