April 2, 2014

An American in London, Part 1.5

After writing An American in London, Part 1, I realized I left out a few important things! Well, important to me anyway. And they're kind of interesting, I think.

I hope.

Here goes!


#1. Did you know that RyanAir sells you lotto tickets in flight? Me and the ladies purchased some, but no one was a winner.



#2. In honor of my pal Sine, I ate Jaffa Cakes on the plane. They were so good! (Long story short, Sine rhapsodized about how good these cakes were when we lived near each other at Fort Bliss. I was finally able to taste them on the flight, years later)



#3. London has an average of 20 + days of rain in January, and 83% cloud cover. When my pal Bobbi boarded the plane, we all tortured her for wearing sunglasses, of course. Who needs those in January, in London??


#4. Turns out, Bobbi's sunglasses are magical. We enjoyed beautiful, sunny weather for our entire trip. Much groveling ensued.




#5. London has great street names that I can't resist. For example, Frying Pan Alley? Gotta love it!



That's all for now, folks. I'll be back soon with London, Part 2. Hopefully I don't forget anything this time!


Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife



No comments:

Post a Comment