April 9, 2014

Spring Craft Fair

If you've been following the blog for a while, you must know by now that I love taking pictures, and I love to travel. I've always been a fairly creative person. Photography was an extension of this creativity as the Hubs and I PCS from place to place. I can capture our memories in a cool and interesting way (I hope!).

A few years ago, I really started applying myself to this hobby. I took photography classes, I upgraded my camera equipment, and I invested in computer software. Slowly but surely, I became more confident in my work. The hope that I would someday sell these pieces was faint, but it was there. 

And now I've done it!! 

Last week was Vilseck's spring craft show. My pals Becky, Courtney (from FreedomBirds Jewelry), and I attended, and I sold my first pieces of work, like ever




Yep, I'm pretty excited. 

These craft fairs are a great opportunity to put yourself out there. Especially being overseas, many of the spouses here in Germany are unable to find work. This outlet provides not only something to do with the extra time, but also the chance to maybe bring in some extra moolah. 

I firmly believe spouses should support each other, so get out there and shop next time you see a fair. Here's a look at some of the other vendors: 


I'll be featuring a few of the crafters (and their online shops, where applicable) over the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for it! 

The fair also offered door prizes, both for guests and vendors. You could purchase tickets at a reasonable rate at the door. So of course, I did. And I won! 



At least a dozen baskets were given away, but I was so excited to win one that contained a piece of jewelry from one of my favorite artists, FreedomBirds Jewelry

I didn't quite earn back the money I spent to get my work to the fair, but I enjoyed the show a lot. In fact, I'll be going again this fall. And I'm inspired enough to start researching how to run an Etsy shop. I think that possibility could be in my future. 

If you're curious, here is a sample of the work I showed (these are re-sized for the web): 




I'll be back soon, with some featured crafters you may want to check out. Until then peeps, happy crafting! 



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife




4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Allie, on your first craft show! I'm super proud of you. I love all the images you had for sale, including the street art, the Love scroll, and especially the snow geese flying through the sun spot (that last one's always been a favorite). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I sold one of your favorite ones :) Wish you were here to attend the fair with me, you have some amazing pics!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Allison! Cleaned up my craft room and found your card, lol!! I was at the craft fair and met you then. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you! I've been away from my blog the past few weeks due to an illness, but I'm back now. Still sorting emails, etc., lol. But if you haven't already, send me an email and we can feature your craft here! :)

      Delete