September 1, 2014

Living Overseas: The Little Things

Sometimes living overseas can make normal things seem much more difficult. And yes, you may have to take an extra step or two to accomplish some tasks. For example, this morning I wanted to re-order a few boxes of contacts from 1800Contacts. Back in the States, I just hit "re-order". You know? But now that we've moved, my doctor is different. And they aren't in the massive database of 1800Contacts.

Uh oh. No need to panic!

My face when I couldn't order my contacts!
(Pay no attention to my morning hair, ha)


I know these little inconveniences can feel like a massive pain in the behind. You just want life to be simple. You really want to feel like you know what you're doing. You don't wanna take all these extra steps when it used to be so simple.

I know. I really, really do. But it can't be helped. Living overseas adds complications. BUT, it also adds so much more to your life! Take these little inconveniences in stride, and keep on swimming (anyone else out there a Nemo fan??). Here's my tip for your contact lens ordering: Call. The help line is conveniently open 24 hours. The nice lady who answered was extremely helpful and friendly. All I need to do is email them my prescription, and I'll be good to go for the rest of our stay here in Germany.  See, easy peasy.

And if that doesn't work, you can always go to my fall back method: ice cream.

Happy Monday, my friends! I hope your week is starting off right, and you don't let those little things drag you down. I'll be back later with some more great posts, full of travel, and fun, and food.



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! Excited to find another Germany mil-spouse blogging :) Hope your enjoying Germany as much as we are, despite the little things ;) http://www.worldtravelingmilitaryfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding other mil spouse bloggers! Just started following your page on FB, thanks for stopping by! We absolutely LOVE Germany, I'm hoping to stay as long as possible :)

      Delete
  2. We just moved back to AL after 2 years in Korea. I completely understand the inconveniences. Amazon Prime because my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I am obsessed with Amazon Prime! They are my go-to site for nearly everything

      Delete