August 7, 2014

Fun Birthday Cakes

I really don't know how this tradition started, but a few years ago I began making The Hubs some unusual cakes. These weren't your basic, standard birthday cakes. They had to be special. Last year, I almost didn't bake him a cake because we were in the midst of packing up our household goods for our PCS to Germany. But The Hubs pouted, and begged, so I gave in and made him a cake.

See? SPOILED

This year, I decided to get him good. I made a cake that looks perfectly ordinary on the outside… BUT once you cut into it, all these goodies come spilling out like a piñata. His face was priceless! I'm writing an additional post later this week about how to make your own piñata cake, so stay tuned for that. 

In the meantime, I thought we'd take a look at The Hubs' cakes through the years:


33rd birthday - my first attempt at a "cool" cake


34th birthday, the 3ft long Snickers cake

The 35th birthday… we'd just taken our first trip to the Caribbean 


Birthday #36: The Orange Monster
(Hubs' favorite color)

And last, but not least, this year's cake:


The surprise Piñata Cake… he looks surprised, doesn't he?! 



Now, I know my cake making skills are not exactly professional or anything. But I love making these cakes every year for the Hubs. It's become our silly little tradition. Plus, he's spoiled

What are your birthday traditions?

I'll be back soon with the instructions to make your own piñata cake. Until next time, happy baking! 



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife

No comments:

Post a Comment