December 3, 2014

Christmas Traditions: Stockings

Stockings have always been one of my favorite parts of Christmas! You can ask my mom, I always say Christmas wouldn't be the same without a stocking over the fireplace.

Here in Bavaria, they celebrate Saint Nikolaus Day on December 6th. On December 5th, children place a boot outside their doors and hope they've been good enough to receive gifts and candy from Saint Nikolaus. If they haven't, then a tree root will be placed in their boot instead. If they are particularly naughty, then the children will be punished by Krampus, or carried away in his sack!


Krampus in Neumarkt, Germany

Holy cow, I would be too scared to misbehave if that guy was coming to my door!!

Hubs and I won't be placing boots outside our day, but we'll be observing Saint Nikolaus Day. Since there are no kids in our house, our Lucy dog reaps all the benefits...





Yes, my dog has two stockings. What of it?  I mean, there is Saint Nikolaus Day and Christmas to think about!

Do you celebrate Saint Nikolaus Day or put your stockings out on Christmas Eve? Comment below, peeps. Until next time!



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Instagram @ ArmyLifeFromTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife

No comments:

Post a Comment