December 23, 2014

Christmas Traditions: Trimming the Tree

When do you decorate your Christmas tree? I know many people like putting theirs up the day after Thanksgiving. The Hubs and I vary from year to year. Circumstances are always different. Heck, last year we didn't even have our house unpacked so there was no tree!

But this year, I am completely caught up in the holiday season. Our tree went up the weekend before Thanksgiving (no judgement, peeps!). There really is no place like Germany when it comes to Christmas. The spirit here has fully infected us, and I love it.



I'm determined to have a completely "German" Christmas tree by the time we move again. Meaning, I want all my ornaments to be purchased and from Germany. The Christmas markets are a perfect place to find my decorations. Here are a few of my favorites from this year:

Lace and ball

Crocheted Santa



From Rothenburg, Germany

I like picking things up wherever I go, and I'm leaning a bit more traditional in my tastes this year. I've also purchased many, many wooden ornaments, I'm obsessed!

I have one other new favorite 'ornament' this year, I wonder if you've seen them before? These cones are designed to hang on your tree, but they can be filled with candy and small gifts. The Hubs has already emptied the treats out of several of these on our tree!


What kind of ornaments do you like on your tree? Homemade, flashy, traditional? Comment below, my friends!


Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Instagram @ ArmyLifeFromTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife


No comments:

Post a Comment