May 19, 2014

Creamy Lemon Parmesan Dressing

With spring turning to summer, I've been searching out recipes that don't require the use of my oven. So far, this means a lot of salads and sandwiches, and crockpot meals. Since I'm also on a quest to make things from scratch, I decided to try my hand at salad dressing. Aaaaaannnnnnnnnd, I had some fresh lemons going bad.

Hence how this lemon parmesan dressing came to be. 


Here's the thing about homemade salad dressings: they're best served fresh, and they don't keep very long in the fridge. Without all the chemicals and preservatives in them, it's not safe to store these in your fridge for more than a day, maybe two. That's why I kept this recipe small. After mixing, this will dress  4-6 salads, depending on size. If you need less, simply halve the recipe. 


The ingredients

I almost always have these ingredients on hand. I like acidic, fresh dressing on my salad. I'm definitely not a ranch dressing person (unlike the Hubs). BUT, even the Hubs liked this, so I figured that made the recipe ready to share with you. 

 Are you ready for how simple this is? Ok. 

Whisk together ½ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 clove finely minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. 

Are you good so far? Ok. 

To that mixture, slowly pour in 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, whisking the entire time. Once combined, stir in ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese. 

That's it. Seriously. 

Serve over your favorite salad fixings. Ta da! 


Even the Hubs can make this. I especially like this over a salad of fresh greens with sweet corn, avocado, tomato, green pepper, and chicken. Nom nom nom… 

I'll be back again soon with more summer friendly recipes. Until then, happy cooking! 



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife



1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's
    a very easy on thee eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a devgeloper to create your theme?
    Supoerb work!

    Feel free to visit my web blog; click here to investigate

    ReplyDelete