May 11, 2014

A Different Mother's Day

So far, today has been a great day! The Hubs brought me breakfast in bed, we have a short hike scheduled for later in the day, and phone calls to make to our loved ones later this evening.

You would never know this was Mother's Day except for the phone calls back home.

What I realized this morning, is that everyone has a different view of this day. Some of us live far away from our mothers, so phone calls will have to do. Some of us take our moms to lunch and celebrate in person. Some of us have kids of our own that pamper us today. And some of us don't have kids at all. Others of us have lost our moms. Some have lost their children. Some of us are adopted and don't know our birth mothers, and still others of us are searching for their forever family. Some of us are a combination of all these.

Today can bring love, laughter, despair, sadness… the whole spectrum of emotions.

My mom and I at Graceland a few years ago


You might know this already, but the Hubs and I don't have children. And likely never will. This wasn't our choice, but it is the path we're on. I'm lucky enough that my mom is still with me on this earth, but I feel for those who don't have that luxury. I can't imagine life without my mama.

So, I just want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to everyone I know, no matter what your situation. Get out there, enjoy today, and spoil yourself a little. Or let others spoil you instead! We're all at a different place in life, but we fit somewhere in that mix. You're not alone. Today is not just a day for those people with small children running around. It's for everyone, you included, in some way, shape, or form.

Much love, my friends! I hope you have an excellent day, and I'll be talking to you again soon!



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife




No comments:

Post a Comment